Jeans and a suit jacket. How to match them?
Some hardened people still believe that jeans and a sportcoat matched together is a complete abstraction and simply do not fit.suje.
However, fashion characterises itself by breaking all the possible rules. Especially, having in mind matching jeans and a suit jacket. It’s worth to remember that a suit jacket, even a sporty one is both impressive and eye-catching. It improves the silhouette proportions, widens the arms, hides the belly and provides you with an extra masculinity and style. It’s definitely worth to use such assets!
How to match jeans and a suit jacket?
- First of all, when choosing a jacket, place a bet on a sporty cut design. Don’t be afraid of elbow patches or many pockets. In this case, such features may only enrich the whole styling! Sportcoats were designed for active men and though their cut and thicker, more durable material is nothing surprising. The more casual the jacket is, the better it looks with jeans.
- Choose casual jackets. During winter, place your bet on thicker fabrics and during spring and summer on cotton and linen. Pay attention to colours. You should rather avoid shades like black – unless you want to look formal. However, such a look will always be impossible to get with jeans. Instead of black, choose navy blue, sky blue, grey, the shades of red or brown. Which colours trousers and a sport jacket should have? The best way is a method of contrasting colours, but it’s not a rule.
- On the other hand, jeans should be chosen carefully – the least sporty cut, the better it is. Especially, if you want to look stylish. The golden rule claims that jeans and a sportcoat match each other, provided that they have something in common. It can sound strange but a suit jacket has to be the least elegant, while jeans the most. Jeans should be clean, ironed and relatively unused. Of course, I don’t mean designer rippings, because fashion freaks may wear such pants even to an elegant or a casual top. It’s simply about not getting jeans dirty, old and stinky. Jeans colour? The best one is navy blue or blue.
- In the streetwear edition, you don’t need to stick to this rule strictly:)
- Never combine jeans with a formal suit jacket! These are high-formal and matching them with easy-going jeans won’t work.
- A sportcoat matched with jeans requires the perfect size. Otherwise, it will not fit. It’s enough to know five simple ways to get a sportcoat matched perfectly to the silhouette. Just use them!
- If you want to match these items, the best style to do that is a casual one. Therefore, while choosing jeans, concentrate on models with straight or tapered legs. Trousers need to have a straight cut and should fit well.
- A sportcoat and…. It depends on the occasion – it might be a plain T-shirt, a longsleeve, a casual shirt or a shirt with a jumper (e.g. a cardigan or V-neck).
When should you match jeans and a sportcoat together?
The best moment to do that is when you wish not to look over-elegant but at the same time want your styling to have a particular character. Such an outfit is easy-going but also versatile and flexible. You can use it on a date, on a job interview in the creative sector, a meeting at a pub or during a trip. Always trendy and fancy!