Maybe you'll love it, maybe you won't!
Casual Friday! For some people it’s the day of relax, on which you can resign from wearing your office suit and jump into comfy clothes, for others it’s an absolute nightmare and a real trap!
In most corporations and institutions, where there are strict dress code rules, casual Friday is the day when you can dress up almost however you want to. Women don’t have a problem with that, however, men aren’t always pleased. Despite the fact that the universal set of a white shirt and a suit jacket can get boring and it’s hard to feel comfortable in it, selecting different outfits suitable to work every week, might be a hard nut to crack.
Even though, it’s good to take the opportunity and place a bet on a loose styling on Friday, in which you can go to a bar with friends right after work.
- Some companies allow their employees only to take off the suit jacket and tie, so remember, Friday at work can vary.
- If you’re not too confident or you feel more comfortable in a suit jacket than in a less formal styling, you don’t have to resign from it completely. Just exchange it for a different model. A sports blazer with a shirt or a plain T-shirt will be perfect.
- Don’t overdo with colours. Obviously, a pastel shirt is a great option, but you don’t have to look too extravagant. Avoid too much contrast and expressive colours.
- What to put on instead of a shirt? For example, a polo shirt, provided that your company allows such a spontaneous fashion choice. However, if you need to look professional, exchange your shirt for a less formal model. Grab the one in a tiny pattern, delicate floral theme or check. On casual Friday, you don’t have to put a blazer on a shirt.
- Put your suit trousers away for Monday. Decide on far more comfortable chinos or corduroy trousers.
- If you can go for more comfort, classic dark jeans will do the trick. Match them up with a shirt and a blazer showing sport elegance. If it comes to shoes – plimsolls.