It’s official – spring has come!
Spring is the perfect time for active and brave people who travel with a backpack on their shoulders. They resign from travel agencies and organise everything on their own. They travel by public transport and use cheap places to sleep. Call them – backpackers!
A piece of advice for backpackers:
- Your backpack should be as light as possible. The heavier you are, the more strength and endurance you need. Long distances are not best friends of a heavy backpack, where you carry a hairdryer and an iron. Chill out. Forget about the perfect look and have fun. A small backpack helps you to save money. This feature is characteristic for backpackers. The smaller it is, the less fee for a travel you pay. If you plan a longer journey and still don’t know what to take with you, search for laundries near your stop places. The solution for a heavy backpack is easy.
- Care about your budget as a real backpacker does! Search for accommodation in hostels and motels spontaneously. Sleep there, meet new people and go on. If you are a flashpacker and you use expensive attractions or a poshpacker looking for exclusive solutions – plan where you want to stay before leaving.
- Don’t plan every aspect of a travel! Be spontaneous.
- Choose public transport but also be prepared for travelling by foot. In big cities like Berlin or Barcelona, where you travel for a city break, you just have to get lost! It’s always worthwhile to visit national parks and seasides by feet. You won’t feel the climate from behind the glass. Backpackers visit not only big cities. Such a person walks through mountains, travels across the jungle and it sometimes happens that he sleeps outdoor. Maximise the opportunity to meet nature, its beauty and local community. From such a perspective, the world looks completely different.
- In order to walk the whole world round, you need to have reliable shoes. Make sure that before leaving, your shoes are comfortable enough and will pass a travelling exam.
- Eat cheap when you travel. However, it doesn’t mean to eat unhealthily. Eat a baguette and cheese from a nearby grocery store in Paris for breakfast. Buy fresh fruits from the local market in Greece. Or buy a few slices of pizza in Italy and eat outdoor.
How do backpackers dress up?
It all depends on what form of backpacking is practised. If you travel in spring across cities, towns and everywhere where are people and buildings – place a bet on jeans. However, if it’s extremely warm (it can be hot in Rome even in April), decide on denim shorts. They are durable, resistant to abrasions, comfortable and look good. If it comes to the top, put on a T-shirt, or in case of a colder day – a hoodie that protects you from rain.
A backpacker travels from point to point and uses public transport or hitchhike. But, a destination place, where he plans to spend more time, is visited by foot. For this, you need comfortable and reliable shoes. Decide on sneakers for spring in the city. They won’t get wet in rain. It’s also good to have plimsolls with you.
If you plan to visit an area where the weather changes fast and you want to practise trekking, you will need both professional hiking shoes and specialised clothing. Of course, you also need to be prepared for all of this!
Saving money, the lust for adventure and love for travelling. If you are a backpacker or want to be – now it’s the best time to do it.