Sweating is a natural thing. However, for many men it's a real nightmare!
Some people experience hyperidrosis even when they are not doing any physical exercises or don’t live an active lifestyle. They simply sit in class or at work and are sweating. Such reactions of the body cause discomfort, are socially troublesome. Well, it doesn’t look good and smell even worse…
Do you sweat too much? Get to know 6 methods of fighting it!
- First of all, you have got to start avoiding certain ingredients in your diet. Give up on spicy food and caffeine. A cup of strong coffee and spicy dishes are great but they fire up the activity of the sebaceous glands. You know what’s going to happen next…
- Don’t overuse antiperspirants. If you want to benefit fully from them, you have to use them properly and at the right time. Their task is not neutralizing odour (that’s what deodorants are for) but stopping the sweat. Use the antiperspirant before going to bed, on fresh and dry skin! Then the sweat production decreases and at the same time the ingredients are absorbed better and they block sweating the next morning. Obviously, after taking an early shower, repeat the operation to strenghten the effect.
- The sebaceous glands play a major role in our bodies. There are millions of them and they work as a cooling system protecting the system from overheating. If yours are overzealous and you can’t handle them, to end your struggle with hyperidrosis and a bad smell go to the pharmacy for some treatment. There are various medicine that can mitigate your condition. Notice! To buy some of them, you need to go to the doctor’s for a prescription.
- Sometimes it’s better to go to a specialist. Besides high temperatures or intensive workouts, a strong influence on sweating has also stress. In stressful situations, you have to do everything to calm down and relax. Feel free to use some relaxation techniques or even pharmacological measures.
- If the above doesn’t work, get some other treatment. An injection from botulinum toxin can work – go to an aesthetic medicine clinic. What are the advantages of using botox? It slows down the hyperidrosis under the armhole and decreases the odour. The first dose can give magnificent effects, but remember that keeping clean T-shirt armholes won’t last forever. After a couple of months you have to do it again.
- Wear proper clothes. The shirts should be breathable and made from cotton. Avoid synthetic materials. If you practice sports, put moisture-absorbing clothes on during a workout.
Make use of the above tips and don’t drop a clanger! Good luck!